Frontend UI Developer
4th Whale has an exciting opportunity for a Frontend Developer to join our growing engineering team. The ideal candidate has at least 4 years of experience and is quite comfortable with HTML, CSS frameworks, templating engines, and reading wireframes. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment requiring collaboration, resourcefulness and strong attention to detail. The frontend UI developer will be joining a growing team of empowered, talented developers who trust each other to make intelligent decisions and to challenge, change, improve, and perfect.
The frontend UI developer will develop, optimize, and evolve customer facing web applications. You will contribute to shipping websites by leveraging templating engines and PWA’s. The ideal candidate must possess a strong desire to push the limits of the frontend performance while maintaining an excellent user experience.
- Optimize applications for performance including FCP, FID, and DCL
- Use markup languages and templating engines to integrate web experiences
- Collaborate with UX, designers, and product owners to improve user experience
- Integrate design templates and mockups into functional web markup
- Maintain high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Support back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Proven work experience as a frontend user interface developer
- Experience with frontend performance optimization
- Experience with frontend technologies and frameworks, such as HTML, CSS3, Bootstrap, Tailwind, Vue.js, React etc
- Experience with templating engines such as Mustache, Twig, Smarty, etc
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- In-depth understanding of viewports and devices – especially mobile
You must be comfortable working in the adult entertainment industry and being exposed to explicit content.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Montréal, QC (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)