4th Whale has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Lead / PHP Developer to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate has at least 7 years of development experience, is passionate about frameworks, SOLID code and unit testing. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment requiring collaboration, resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills, a self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
The ideal person will develop, optimize, and evolve our websites. Also, serve as the lead engineer for our product teams. In addition to building out products, the technical lead will be responsible for helping the developers clear hurdles in their development and integrations. If any technical hurdles present themselves, the lead will be responsible for owning the process and helping to clear the path. This is a role for you if you are an excellent communicator, able to eliminate jargon when necessary, yet able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risk. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent business experiences.
- Provide technical leadership and support for a development team
- Contribute to application design and architecture
- Breakdown stories into actionable technical tasks
- Efficiently manage multiple milestones and projects
- Advocate best practices for coding, testing and documentation
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Proficient in PHP and Symfony
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (architecture, development and deployment)
- Hands on experience with Amazon AWS services including S3
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and the ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level.
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in change management and project management
You must be comfortable working in the adult entertainment industry and being exposed to explicit content.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Montréal, QC (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)