4th Whale (formerly Ex Situ Marketing) is a leading online traffic optimization firm specializing in affiliate marketing and high-traffic web platform development. We are currently looking for a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to join our dedicated team of marketers.
Why Join Our Team?
At 4th Whale, we strive to create a fun, professional and relaxed work environment, where you can be creative as well as learn and collaborate with all departments. Our office is located in a sunny, modern and open space in the Mile-Ex neighborhood. We offer extensive employee benefits and an insurance package, flex hours, cappuccinos, healthy snacks, bagels on Friday and office/team activities.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to join our Marketing team!
Are you someone who is never satisfied with the status quo? Do you dream to work in one of the largest web markets in the world? Do you live to understand Google’s ranking algorithm? Is link building still valuable? Can a site rank with brand and/or engagement signals alone? How important is the bounce rate? Is written content still necessary for a page to rank well?
If you’re asking these questions then we want to meet you! Come and experiment with multiple websites and put your theories to test!
The Ideal Candidate
As SEO Specialist, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing our SEO strategy across a network of websites. You will be positioned as a senior-level thinker who is passionate about what you do and has an ability to attack markets with a fine balance between user intent and our product strategy. You will have the opportunity to make smart data-driven decisions and to align your tactics with both our product and traffic acquisition teams while working with truly passionate cross-functional team members.
You must be comfortable working in the adult entertainment industry and being exposed to explicit content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop and implement our SEO strategy (both on-site and off-site)
- Setup a foundation for organic search optimization and ROI maximization
- Align search strategy with product offerings
- Conduct on-site and off-site audits and analyze competitors
- Regularly perform keywords research to identify gaps and new opportunities
- Monitor all necessary KPIs for Search Engine performance; speed, content, click rate, bounce rate…etc and recommend continual enhancements
- Identify problems and deficiency and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Work with Product Managers, UX, Content, and Web Developers to champion and adhere to all SEO best practices
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing latest trends and best practices
- 3-5+ years of experience as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist or similar role
- 3+ years of experience with planning and implementing a successful SEO strategy
- Expert knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, SimilarWeb, SEMrush, etc.)
- Understanding of A/B testing and ROI analysis
- Resourceful, proactive and a creative problem solver
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in a results-driven, collaborative environment
- Business savvy with strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking